Sunday, August 28, 2016

Studio Hop

Recently a picture of a sewing studio/space showed up in my facebook memories...



A brief "conversation" had taken place with a couple friends about the reality (or lack there of) of why it was not an "real" sewing space or staged by a non-sewer.  The chair was too short, the fan placement would never work there, etc.  

This got my mind going.  And then I thought, "How do other quilters have their studio or sewing space set up?"   "What works for them?"

I used to receive by a gifted subscription American Patchwork & Quilting. They would occasionally feature the studios of various quilters and share some of their storage and layout ideas.... I then came up with the idea that that I should add a tab to my my blog page so that others could see my "happy place".  


So THEN I thought...

Why not have a "linky" party?
And let others join in on the fun of sharing some of their unique storage ideas, design wall suggestions or personal favorites for whatever!

So Here we are!  The "linky" will be open Sunday, August 28th (6 a.m. Mountain Time) through September 3 (Midnight, Mountain Time).

Oh, and be sure to stop by for a tour of my Studio and make sure that you stop by everyone else's too.  Invite your friends to join in as well!  You know what they say, "The more the merrier."

Happy Hopping!

Melva



17 comments:

  1. Yay! I just have to edit my pics, tighten up my writing, and post. I'll be done at some point this morning, if the laundry pile doesn't get me first.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your space is great, Melva! I love the sewing table. I need to get my husband to do that too, so my sewing machine sits down low like yours. Thank you so much for hosting! Can't wait to see everyone's sewing spaces.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I can't get to the linky party as blogspot realises I am in Australia and redirects me (with no way around it) to melvalovesscraps.blogspot.com.au and the linky party link doesn't work on there.... sigh...
    Here is the link to my craft room post :)
    http://saidwithlove.com.au/favourite-room-house/

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is such a great idea, Melva! I'm not sure I can a post together in time, but I'll keep checking back to see what others have posted. It's fun to get little peaks into how others set up their space!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Your space doesn't need to be perfectly arranged. I love seeing how everyone organizes so differently.

      Delete
  5. Same as Said With Love for me. Thanks for hosting this. It's a great idea and it'll give me plenty of inspiration for updating my space.
    http://sevenoaksstreetquilts.blogspot.com.au/2016/08/my-upcycled-and-recycled-sewing-space.html

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is quite a fun little link up. I will have to go home and "tidy" up a bit and take some pictures.

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a great idea, Melva. And I love that you included the image that sparked the idea. :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love your happy place, Melva! And I'm really enjoying reading about other's sewing spaces too. I'll get mine up here very soon. Hopefully tonight! Great idea!

    ReplyDelete
  9. For some reason the inLinkz link doesn't work - noted as "not allowed on the website" maybe you need to loosen some settings? I would love to see all of the other workspaces (and perhaps even link up).

    ReplyDelete
  10. What a great idea Melva! I just love seeing where other people create their beautiful quilts. I don't have the nerve yet to share my own space, but maybe one of these days. :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. How fun! I actually wrote a blog post back in January about my tiny sewing space on our boat. Can I link up that old post, or are you looking for more recent stuff?

    I'm off to go peek into everyone else's studios!

    ReplyDelete
  12. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  13. I had to come back here to comment on YOUR studio, Melva! What a lovely space! So bright and open. I really like that you have room to move around, and that big beautiful design wall.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Karen from Tu-Na encouraged me to post my sewing room photos but I think I had better not after seeing everyone else's neat and tidy rooms. I took pictures but in the summer I just don't have time to put things away like I should. I enjoyed the tours. Besides, my children might see how messy my room is and remind me of the times I made them stay in their room until it was cleaned up. Blessings, Gretchen villacrestfarm@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  15. I finally am finishing up visiting everyone's studios on the linky party. This was such a good idea! Thoroughly enjoyed seeing your space. Thanks for sharing and thanks for hosting the party. It's fun to see where other bloggers create. Karen

    ReplyDelete
  16. Finally got Part 3 of my studio tour up! Thank you so much Melva for suggesting I post a link here when it was ready. I hope you stop by my place and take a look around!

    http://www.inquiringquilter.com/questions/2016/9/20/my-sewing-space-part-three

    ReplyDelete